Saturday, February 23, 2013

Back on the Wagon

It's been a good week of clean eating and good workouts.  Finally seem to be getting back in my groove.  Had a good 6.8 mile run last Saturday, and did a little over 7 today.  Only 9 weeks out from my next 1/2 marathon.  I'm trying my hardest not to over train for this one and see if going into race day with less mileage will make a difference.  I've picked up the cross training and I'm currently only running 3-4 days a week.  Trying to incorporate more stretching.  Going to give yoga a try tomorrow..... 

I'm taking baby steps in cutting my sugar intake WAY down.  Right now I'm trying to only take in sugar from natural sources, such as fruit.  2-3 days a week I am incorporating a low sugar greek yogurt and I have also cut down my peanut butter intake.  I'm having to constantly fight the urge for a big dollop of PB, but I was consuming way too much of that stuff.  It's kind of my vice.  Thank goodness my kids don't have a nut allergy.

I'm also chugging water like it's my job. We're talking a gallon+ a day.  Increased water intake = decreased bloat.  Ain't nobody got time for bloat. 

So, that's where I am as of now.  Trying to put in the work and see results.  Swimsuit season is right around the corner...a little over 4 weeks for me.  But who's counting?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment