Monday, December 3, 2012

Leg Day, Leg Day, gotta get down on Leg Day!

I have a love / hate relationship with Leg Day.  It's definitely my least favorite.  Probably because it gets my heart rate up like no other and for the next two days, I can barely walk.  Good enough reason?  Anyway, today was my second leg day of the week.  I normally only train legs once a week, but have decided since it is my least favorite, I should probably put a little more focus on lower body.  (Since I tend to avoid it!)

Here was today's workout:

-Barbell squat (70 lbs --Olympic bar with 12.5 lbs added to each side)
-Barbell squat narrow stance
-Barbell plie squat
-Leg extension (85 lb for first set, 90 for second and third)
-Hamstring curls (85 lb for first set, 90 for second and third)
10x3

-Split squat on Smith 10 each leg (70 lb)
-3 way calf raises (70 lb)
10x3

-Straight Leg dead lift (70 lb)
10x3
-Lateral bench step ups (15 lb db each hand)
10x3

I treated the first set like a circuit, and no rest between sets.  The last 3 sets I rested for about 30 seconds between sets.

I finished with about 5-10 minutes of abs:

-hanging leg raises
-Crunches on decline with 10 lb medicine ball
-Roman Twists on decline with 10 lb medicine ball
10x3

Train hard y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment