Tuesday, December 11, 2012

SHOULDERS!

If you know me at all, you also know that my favorite body part to train is shoulders.  It's the first thing I notice on someone.  Round, defined shoulders are a great indicator of your fitness level and training.  Well defined traps, delts and lats give the optical illusion of a smaller waist too, so it's a win win!

Today's workout was quick, but fatiguing.  It was difficult to crank out the last set, and I usually do front raises with a 25 lb plate, but today it was all I could do to raise the 8 lb dumbbells.  I call that a successful workout!

Here it is:

Barbell Shoulder press drop sets
50 lb 10x3
40 lb 10x3
30 lb 10x3
20 lb 10x3

Upright row, narrow grip 40 lb
superset with
lateral raises 10 lb dumbbells
10x3

Upright row, wide grip 40 lb
superset with
front raises 8 lb dumbbells

It gave me a great pump and only took about 25 minutes.  I rested for about 30 seconds in between dropsets.

Have a great Friday!  Tomorrow's agenda looks like cardio paired with back and biceps.

No comments:

Post a Comment