Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Clean Eating Grocery List

I get asked a lot about what I eat.  I would love to tell you that I eat clean ALL the time, but I'm human, and I do like pizza, wine and chocolate.  So, my eating is about 80/20.  Clean 80% of the time with the other 20% being treat meals.  (Usually 1-2 per week).  I honestly don't think you should have to give up indulgent foods all together.  Moderation is key, and just remember to make your treat meals just that.  Don't let a meal turn into a day or weekend.  Enjoy it and then move on.

So, here is a basic list of things that I consistently eat. 

Protein:  lean beef, chicken, eggs, lean turkey, fish (tilapia is my go to), protein powder (occasionally post workout)

Oils:  (sparingly)  coconut, EVOO

Healthy fats/proteins:  avocado, cashews, almonds, natural PB, salmon

Fruits:  apples, blackberries, blueberries, mango, tangerines, tomatoes, bananas

Veggies:  broccoli, asparagus, brussel sprouts, peppers, romaine, spinach, carrots, cucumbers, green beans, zucchini/squash, spaghetti squash

Dairy:  greek yogurt, cottage cheese, reduced fat and skim milk cheeses (sparingly)

Sweeteners:  stevia, apple sauce, honey, maple syrup (occasionally)

Condiments:  red/white wine vinegars, reduced sugar ketchup, coconut aminos, low sugar salsa, sriracha, yellow mustard, honey, chili paste, tomato paste, tomato sauce, low sodium stocks/broth

Other:  unsweetened almond milk, vanilla extract, herbs and low sodium spices

Carbs:  beans, oats, whole wheat pasta (occasionally), peas, brown rice, rice cakes--lightly salted, low carb, whole wheat tortillas (occasionally), low carb-whole wheat-low sugar bread (occasionally), sweet potatoes and occasionally red potatoes

There you have it!  You can find most all of these foods in my pantry and fridge at any given time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment