Friday, February 7, 2014

Who Has Time?

In the grand scheme of life, who has time to be healthy?  I mean, there are only 24 hours in a day.  Kids, work, errands, kids' activities, dinner, homework, sleep.....who really "has" time to workout?  I've discovered the magic answer.  The ones who "have" time are the ones who "make" time.  All excuses aside.

I've been approached more than once by moms who have the general excuse of, "I don't know how you do it.  I wish I had time to go to the gym.  I'm just so busy with the kids."  Guess what folks, I'm no different than the next person, except I make time.  That time is usually in the wee hours of the morning.  I'm not talking about sunrise-time, I'm talking 4:30 - 5 a.m. while my family is still in a deep slumber.  I choose to not sleep in until the absolute latest I can to make it to work on time.  I rise early and start my day with "ME" time.  (Cause Lord knows, that's the only "ME" time I have for the day!  Showers are not even sacred in my house!)

You see, most kids mock what they see.  They mock what they hear.  They mock US.  When I get home from the gym, my oldest is up and moving around to start her day.  She always asks, "How was your workout, mom?"  They pick up on what we do, say, eat, etc.  To me, being healthy and active are two of the most important things I can offer my children. 

Make time to be healthy!  Your family will respect and admire you for your efforts.  The other day my husband told me I was one of the hardest working and driven people he knew.  Now, normally I would probably laugh and ask him what he wanted, but this day was an extremely busy and stressful day, so I knew he meant exactly what he said.  What drives me the most?  My family.  




No comments:

Post a Comment