Sunday, February 9, 2014

Good Leg Burn

My legs are most definitely my weak area.  It's the are I have always hated in the past.  I was always sore immediately after my leg workout, and by the time the soreness dissipated, it was time for leg day again.  Since I have not been doing as much steady state cardio, I have increased my leg workouts to twice a week and I have to admit, I actually enjoy a good leg day now.

Here is a workout I completed last week.  I did heavy weight and little to no rest to keep my heart a pounding.

-Barbell squats - I started with the olympic bar (45 lb) and did one set of 15 to warm up.
     -10 total sets of 10, increasing weight each time for sets 1-5, decreasing weight back down for sets     6 - 10  
-Rack Pulls - 5x10 - I increased weight each set
-Deadlifts - 5x10 - I increased weight each set

-Leg extensions - 100 lb - 5x10
-Cable squats - high rope extension, heavy weigh, hold rope and squat LOW 5x10

-Leg extensions - 85 lb - 3x10
-Hip adductor

-25 air squats
-25 jumping squats
-25 squat jacks

Feel the burn!





No comments:

Post a Comment