Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Reality Check

You know the one thing that gripes me the most?  Fad diets and supplements that claim to make you skinny and have abs in 21 days.  Come on people.  It's not rocket science.  There is NO magic pill, shake or fad diet that is going to make you "skinny" and fit over night, or in 21 days for that matter. Besides, most claims are to make you "skinny."  Who wants to be "skinny"?  Give me strong!

I get approached more often than I'd like about the newest trends out there.  Approached from people that I don't know from Adam.  They want me to promote this garb as I like to call it.  Ingredients I can't pronounce, and wouldn't dare put in MY body.  So why would I promote something that I would never use?  Most times they are a pyramid money making scheme. There, I said it.  I guess some folks will do anything for a dollar these days, but if it is not FDA approved, it's probably for a reason.

I rarely supplement my diet with anything other than a multi vitamin and high quality, natural protein shakes if I'm really trying to add muscle mass.  If I am extremely sore from a workout, I occasionally use BCAA's to help speed up the repair process, but that's it!  I certainly don't need a detox tea or a "cleanse."  I will admit to trying an herbal cleanse in the past, but I don't really feel as though it did a thing for me. It was the "clean" foods that the cleanse recommended that made me feel better!  If you are consuming a balanced diet of clean foods, that is your cleanse!  The supplement in my opinion is just a money maker.

So where am I going with this?  Save your money.  Join a gym.  Hire a trainer.  Eat a clean balanced diet.  Drink your water.  Get your zzzz's.  That's it!  That's the secret!  True progress takes time.  Don't give up and I promise you will see results. 

omgosh soooo true!  Like when people asked me how I lost so much - um...I ate barely anything and worked out to a point of exhaustion.  There is no "easy" button, I chose the way to keep it off not just off temporarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment