Thursday, January 10, 2013

Breakfast on the Go!

Once upon a time I was one of "those" people who claimed, "I'm not a breakfast person."  These days, it's my absolute favorite meal of the day!  I've trained my body to eat every 3-4 hours to keep my metabolism cranked, and after my morning workout, my body is screaming for food!

Here's a quick and easy recipe that you can bake up on Sunday evening, ration out in to go containers or baggies, and eat on all week long!

Spinach, Mushroom, Onion Mini-Frittatas

3 whole eggs
3 egg whites
1/2 cup nonfat milk
3 T. parmesan cheese
2 T chopped onion
3 T chopped mushrooms
1/4 c chopped spinach
6 tsp cooked quinoa
Nonstick cooking spray

1.  Preheat oven to 375 and coat a regular muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray, or line with paper cups.
2.  Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk and parmesan cheese.  Divide evenly between 6 tins, adding 1 tsp of cooke quinoa to each.
3.  Divide vegetables evenly among tins, then top each with an additional sprinkle of cheese.  Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until egg mixture is firm.
4.  Remove from oven and let cool before serving.

Serving size = 2 frittatas

Macros per serving:

Calories:  134
Fat:  6 grams
Trans fats:  0
Sodium:  235 mg
Carbs:  5 grams
Sugar:  3 grams
Protein:  14 grams

I usually double the recipe and make 12.



No comments:

Post a Comment