Friday, January 18, 2013

Easy Oven Fajitas

As a working mom, I am all about easy meals.  This is one you can prep the night before and simply throw it together and bake it the next evening.  (I usually cook my chicken and chop my veggies the night before.)

Easy Oven Fajitas

3-4 chicken breasts, sliced in thin strips
1 T. EVOO
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp pressed garlic (you can use powdered too, I just prefer the fresh stuff!)
1 large tomato diced
1 large onion, cut in strips
2-3 tri colored peppers, cut in strips (I like red, green and yellow)
Juice of 1 lemon
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350.  Cook chicken on stove top, using the 1 T of EVOO to prevent it from sticking to the pan.  (You can also use PAM or an OO spray.)  Add chili powder and garlic to chicken as it is almost cooked through.  Remove from heat.  Add your chopped veggies to a dutch oven or baking dish.  Top with cooked chicken.  Add remaining seasonings and stir well.  Squeeze lemon juice over veggies and chicken.

Bake covered for about 15-20 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or so.  I prefer my veggies a la dente, so I bake mine on the underside of the time.

Serve with whole grain rice, tortillas or on top of a salad!  (Or be like me and eat it right out of the pan!)  YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment