Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Food Journals

How many of you keep food journals or log your food daily?  I'm a huge advocate of this.  I never saw the point until I tried it.  I mean, who doesn't know what they are already eating?  Well, apparently I didn't!  Until I actually logged every. stinkin'. bite., I was clueless of how a bite of this and a bite of that was affecting my progress!

Food logs make you accountable.  They make you think about your macros...how many calories, fat grams, protein grams, SUGAR, etc you're actually ingesting.  If you log your food and goals in www.myfitnesspal.com, the app will actually calculate what your body needs to meet your goal.  You can log your workouts there too.  The only thing I dislike, is that you can't customize your numbers.  My log always shows that I'm way over for protein every day.  But, when trying to gain lean muscle mass, you have to consume more protein than normal.  Duh.

Anyway, try it for a week and see if it doesn't make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment