Wednesday, January 9, 2013

No Equipment Workout!

After yesterday's post, I really got to thinking about my fitness journey, and how I got started.  Hindsight really is 20/20 and it's so crazy to think about where I started and where I am now.  My trainer will tell you that when she first met me, I was her WEAKEST client.  No lie.  I was so out of shape and had no strength at all!  Doing simple body weight exercises were a struggle for me.  But I didn't let that stop me in my tracks.  I kept going back to the gym, meeting with Kattie, letting her kick my butt and wanting more.

I guess my whole point of this entry is that we all start somewhere.  Change doesn't happen over night.  Patience is a virtue.  If you can appreciate the small changes along the way and look at the big picture of how those small changes add up to something greater, then you can succeed at anything!

With that said, I came up with a quick circuit workout that you can do at home.  No weights or equipment needed!  Start your journey to better health now!

30 seconds each exercise x 3-5 sets (Increase to 45 seconds - 1 minute as you get stronger!)
**1 minute of rest between each set, no rest between actual exercises**

-Jumping Jacks
-Push ups (drop to your knees if needed to maintain good form)
-Split squat (30 seconds each leg)
-Decline push ups (again, use the stairs or a sturdy chair to prop your feet up)
-Step ups (use a sturdy chair OR your stair case)
-Jumping lunges
-Plank
-Mountain Climbers
-Crunches
-Squats (as low as you can go, squeezing your glutes at the top!)



No comments:

Post a Comment